Find out what's happening with Girls Will Be Girls!
To sign up for our bi-monthly newsletter click HERE!

Visit
www.GWBGBoutique.com for our Etsy listings,
plus search "GWBG" on
www.eBay.com and www.WinkElf.com.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Designer Spotlight on Posh Piggy Couture

Tell us a little about yourself. Hello all! My name is Leigh Ann, owner and designer of the Posh Piggy Couture. I'm married to DH Aaron (our 2nd anniversary is next month), also a SAHM to 3 wonderful children whom are my inspiration....Christian 6, Andrew 4, and Madison 2. I currently reside in Washington County, Maryland, but am originally from Montgomery County, Maryland. I love to shop...I am a shopaholic,just ask DH!! lol. I also love scrapbooking, which I haven't done in awhile.

What is the first craft item you remember making? Hmmmm...the first craft item I ever remember making was sewing fabric squares together with my uncle top make a quilt top out of my great granny's old fabrics after she passed away.

How long have you been designing kids' clothes and accessories? I started designing children's clothing and accessories not to long after the birth of my daughter, Madison in May of 2005. She was born with congenital hypo-thyroidism and had some siezure-like activity going on in her brainwaves. She spent her first month of life at The University of Maryland Medical Center located in Baltimore Maryland. Being that she needed all kinds of meds and physical therapy, DH and I decided it was best that I stay home. While spending my days at home,I decided I needed something to do with my time and one day started sewing and haven't stopped since.

Which is your favorite and why? My absolute favorite set I've done has to be an earlier one, the grinchy Christmas set. I had so much fun creating that outfit,tutu, and the descriptive poem to go along with it...plus I love looking back at the pictures to see how much Madi has grown since.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


What is your perfect crafting day like? My perfect crafting day is usually getting up and starting on a project while the kids are still in their "tame" mode ...which doesn't last very long. So like Becky,I get most of my work acomplished at night while everyone is sleeping. I normally start around 9PM or so, depending if I've unwinded from the day and have been known to stay up and in a groove until about 2:30-3:00AM.

What is your perfect "FUN" (NO WORK) day like? A "FUN" NO WORK day for me is spending the day in the local antique and flea markets searching for new pieces to add to my enamal ware collection as well as primitive folk art and decor for my home...Yes Mic, rocker chicks like primitive art and decor, lol. \m/>_<\m/ Usually that's on the weekends and normally I take Madison so we can have some "mommy and me" girl time....especially when we're out numbered by the guys....even the darn dog is a male! After our "girly" time, we come back and enjoy some family time...go for ice-cream or something of that nature.

What is your favorite thing about GWBG? My favorite thing about GWBG is the quirkiness or craziness amongst all of us! I love the anything goes attitude within the group...whether it be about work,designing,or personal, we can chat and share our opinions about it all. Our group may be small, but I think thats what makes it so great. We've come to know each other relatively well,bonded, and are so supportive of one another.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that grinch set is adorable!!!! and I really enjoyed reading the interview, feels like I know a bit more about you =o)

Posh Piggy Couture said...

awww,lil ole me in the spotlight...lol.

thanks shannon ;)